- In an Instagram video, Johnson opened up about how he includes supersets in his workouts.
- He said that his entire back workout involved supersets to ensure that a lot of blood and volume were being pumped into the muscles.
- While performing supersets, he keeps resting minimal – only sufficient for recovery.
New Delhi: WWE superstar, Hollywood actor,
Slow and controlled
Supersets: In an Instagram video, Johnson opened up about how he includes supersets in his workouts. He said that his entire back workout involved supersets to ensure that a lot of blood and volume were being pumped into the muscles. While performing supersets, he keeps resting minimal – only sufficient for recovery. This intense regime is, however, the second part of his regime – fasted cardio being the first step – concluding with weight training in the evening.
Diet is key: Diet, Johnson says, plays a huge role in his success. A simple diet plan, there are some basic rules that The Rock abides by.
- Eat five to seven strategically planned meals in a day
- Include carbs, vegetables, and proteins in every meal
- This helps refuel after an intense workout session
For breakfast, the actor relies on whole eggs and egg whites with oatmeal and blueberries, an English muffin, stevia, cinnamon, powdered greens, beef tenderloin, and a fiber drink. Yet, his love for cheat day prevails – from pizzas to pancakes, brownies and so on, The Rock enjoys it all.
A change in perspective: Psychological factors, too, have a role to play in fitness and weight loss. Johnson, too, appeared to have realized it when he shifted his focus to being more grateful about his workouts. The actor started to see it as a privilege and that appeared to have helped him a great deal with the daily grind. The Baywatch star realized that thinking this way helped him work better towards growth.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.