The new Premier League season is back underway and Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham remain extremely busy during the summer window. At Stamford Bridge, Marc Cucurella has been signed for £62million and Wesley Fofana could join him as Thomas Tuchel works on a fresh bid. Cesar Casadei is tipped for a £17m switch with Marcos Alonso set to join Barcelona and Callum Hudson-Odoi linked to Borussia Dortmund.
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has confirmed that wants more new faces, despite spending more than £120m, with Leicester’s Youri Tielemans remains of interest. Lucas Paqueta has also been linked but the Gunners face a battle with Manchester United for Cody Gakpo.
Tottenham have made six signings so far and a bid for Nicolo Zaniolo has been rejected, according to reports in Italy. Udinese left-back Destiny Udogie is thought to have been personally recommended by one Antonio Conte. Memphis Depay and Pau Torres have both been linked.
Fabian nears PSG deal
Former Arsenal and Manchester United target Fabian Ruiz is set to sign for Paris Saint-Germain.
A four-year deal has been agreed, according to Rai Sport, with Les Parisiens’ long-term fans of the Spanish midfielder.
Fabian is due to cost around £22.5m.
Neville slams Man United’s Arnautovic bid
Gary Neville was left speechless after reports emerged that Manchester United had bid for Marko Arnautovic.
The fiery striker, 33, hit 14 goals for Bologna in Serie A last year following spells with West Ham and Chinese side Shanghai Port – but a £7.6million offer from United is said to have been rejected.
“The first thing you do when the phone rings from Manchester United is reject the bid,” Neville told Sky Sports on Sunday night.
Read the full story.
Spurs duo eye loan exits
Two Tottenham players are prospects for loan spells in Serie A.
Giovani Lo Celso has told his entourage to enter talks with Fiorentina while a return to Villarreal continues to be discussed.
And Spurs will only accept a loan without a purchase option for Pape Matar Sarr as AC Milan circle.
Moyes wants new faces at West Ham
David Moyes outlined his intention to “freshen up” his “stale” West Ham squad after an opening weekend defeat to Manchester City.
New signing Maxwel Cornet was introduced to the London Stadium fans at half-time of the 2-0 defeat before Gianluca Scamacca came off the bench to make his debut, but Moyes is keen for more new faces.
“We need to freshen up a little bit, we’re a bit stale at the moment,” Moyes told Sky Sports.
Read the full story.
Arnautovic surprise target for Man United
Manchester United are considering a shock swoop for Marko Arnautovic.
The enigmatic Austrian forward hit form for Bologna last season and could replace the wantaway Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Guardian report on the 33-year-old costing £10m.
Marcos Alonso nears Chelsea exit
Marcos Alonso will cost Barcelona £6.75m when he completes his move from Chelsea to Barcelona.
A two-year contract with the open for a third has been set out by the Catalan club, as reported by Mundo Deportivo.
The defender missed yesterday’s win at Everton ahead of completing the transfer.
Milenkovic could snub Spurs
Fiorentina are hopeful of keeping Tottenham target Nikola Milenkovic this summer.
A new contract for the centre-back is in the offing, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Napoli, Arsenal, Juventus, Sevilla and Inter Milan have also been linked with the Serbian.
Sane says no to Man United
Leroy Sane will not be joining Manchester United.
That is according to Sport1, who have delivered a clear rebuttal of rumors linking the Bayern Munich winger with the Red Devils.
Kepa to Napoli in threat
Napoli are considering a move for Keylor Navas instead of Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Chelsea are struggling to reach an agreement with the Italian team over the finances of Kepa’s potential loan switch.
Corriere dello Sport report on Napoli looking at 35-year-old PSG goalkeeper Navas, who is second choice to Gianluigi Donnarumma in Paris.
Tielemans to Arsenal update
Transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano has detailed the situation for Youri Tielemans and Arsenal’s possible interest.
As things stand, the Belgian is said to want the move but no official bid has landed. Lucas Torreira’s move to Galatasaray has helped the Gunners gather the funds to progress the move.
Meanwhile, interest from Paris Saint-Germain continues to subsidize with the Ligue 1 giants nearing a deal for Fabian Ruiz from Napol.