things to do
October 9, 2022 by Brian Champlin
First, said to what I said yesterday about Metro’s free rides all weekend long to mark the opening of the new K Line. If you’re planning to head to CicLAvia or Grand Park’s family fest (see below), then it’s a great option. Now for the rest…
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (October 9) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. I hope you have an awesome day!
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
CicLAvia: Heart of LA -> This sunday, CicLAvia – Heart of LA brings the city’s biggest open streets event to Downtown Los Angeles for a route that includes hubs in Chinatown, Mariachi Plaza, Echo Park, and Grand Park. Get more info here.
The Hammer’s Fall Exhibition Celebration -> The Hammer Museum hosts a Fall Exhibitions Celebration this sunday featuring music in the courtyard and a cash bar, along with evening access to the museum’s newest exhibitions. Get more info here.
Listening By The Moonrise -> Clockshop’s quarterly Listening By Moonrise series is back at Los Angeles State Historic Park this sunday with a featured performance by Jeremiah Chiu & Marta Sofia Honer. Free to wait. Event begins at More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in LA Today
- Grand Park’s 10th anniversary celebration continues on Sunday with a free family festival from 9 am to 4 pm
- Sunday Funday at The Wallis offers free family entertainment and dance instruction from the Debbie Allen Dance Academy.
- Carved, Descanso Gardens’ annual Halloween experience opens this weekend with an assortment of light displays and pumpkin installations.
- Nights of the Jack brings a 1-mile trail of Halloween lights and jack o’lanterns to King Gillette Ranch.
- This weekend at The Getty, you can catch a special dance performance via a collaboration between choreographer Milka Djordjevich and visual artists Victoria Fu and Matt Rich as part of the Ever Present series.
- For two days (Saturday and Sunday), The Oddities Flea Market takes over the Globe Theater for an off-beat shopping experience where you’ll find three floors of one-of-a-kind curiosities.
- Second Home and Tom of Finland Foundation (TOFF) host day two of the 27th Tom of Finland Art & Culture Festival — Tom Unites.
Want to get the best things to do in LA sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!